Mobile application development is a field of creativity and innovation, everyday thousands of new applications are created by expert mobile application developers and they test their applications to make sure that their application won’t get rejected by application stores. Testing the application is an essential and vital part of mobile application development as it will help one to identify errors or bugs in their apps. So that it can be sort at the early stage.
Mobile application testing helps to check application compatibility for various aspects. For example, it performs evaluation of screen resolutions, compatibility with different browsers, whether all the modules and functions works properly or not etc. It will help in the evaluation of the quality of mobile application. With the evolution of latest technologies in mobile devices it has become crucial to test the applications for their compatibility with all devices, below are some essential guidelines or tips for mobile application testing which will surely help to get quality apps.
• Create strong test plans and strategies for testing! It requires one to list out objectives for testing of app. One should consider different things like target audience, device, and different approached for testing and make a list of this.
• Go through similar applications available in market! It is best way to start your testing, just analyze various offering similar functionalities. By doing so, you will be able to catch some initial errors or bugs in your apps and can identify them easily by comparing it with others.
• Create test plans, test cases for application.
• Develop test automation framework and prepare test harness.
• Try to use emulators or simulators to carry out testing with ease.
• Don’t overlook mobile device issues while testing your app on various devices.
• Just go for functional testing for mobile apps as it will help you to increase the productivity of your application.
• Verify your mobile app design! It is necessary to check you mobile UI design for usability of app. Try it against various user requirements and from user point of view to get clear picture about it.
• Try to validate your application for certain unexpected events and for unexpected mobile user’s behavior.
• Decide performance parameters and validate your mobile app against all of them to verify how your app performs and what its behavior on various situations is.
So, these are some important tips or guidelines that one should follow while testing their mobile applications.